Need Help Understanding Rule Set Options

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Amerk_5, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

I just installed LnS & I'm trying to setup some Rule Sets but I need help understanding a lot of the settings. Is there a site or post somewhere that explains all the options? I haven't been able to find anything that explains ALL the options in detail, even in the LnS Help.

Such as under Ethernet : address, what do I put there & what about the choices All, Equal and Different? The same goes for the choices under IP : address. All, Equal, Different, In range, Out range, etc?

Once I understand all the different options I should be able to set up the rules myself. :)

2. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi Anmerk_5,

It's quite a difficult task to understand everything in detail which is included there. I do not understand everything in detail... :rolleyes: But I know far enough to write rules. Actually if there's a packet blocked I inspect it more thoroughly in the Log section. With this information I check out the technical details here (for example):

http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/default0502.htm

But be aware, this is really technical!! I don't know how much you know about packets, headers,... And I personally think you don't need to know all this stuff. But it's a good help to make some things more clear. Last but not least you always find some useful information in the World Wide Web via Google.

Hope that helps you out so far! ;)

Best regards,

Patrice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.