Need help to shake this pest

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Chiana, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm a NOD32 reseller and a client running NOD32 on a network is getting the following error:

This pop-up keeps reappearing every 10 seconds. I have suggested the following: clearing IE cache, emptying windows temp folder, restarting the pc, scanning in safe mode, clicking the terminate button in NOD. At present the only solution is to disconnect from the network.

Would some knowledgeable person please help! Thanks in advance.

Chiana

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2005
  2. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Seems to me that something (another executable) is continously trying to download this. (This file is a nasty) Can you post a Hijack This log ?

3. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

Hi Happy Bytes,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to get in touch with the client - he's not at work tomorrow, so it'll be the next day.

Regards

Chiana

4. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

No problem. But my guess is that there runs a trojan downloader continously in the background. As long as we do not kill it it will try to download every time this trojan. I did take a look at the file "file.exe" and it is malicious. That said it's not a false positive and we have to figure out what is trying to download this.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

6. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I really hate to butt in and harp on this, but perhaps you should blur or cross out the path to the infected file, as its location is not important to this discussion...just a thought :doubt:

Carry on fellas *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.