need help: remote installation of EAV in corporate network

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by iDen, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iDen

iDen Registered Member

Please people i need real help :(

Story.
    We had eav 2.7 in office network. Mow the time came when we have to update it to v.4
    I've downloaded Business Eav v4, Remote Console v3, Remote Server v3

removed from DC(win2003) all old packages: server, console, eav

Installed new packeges.
    And now i don't know how set up remote installation properly. Steps i did:
    Installed EAV -> restart ; Remote Server (enter password for clients), installed console.
    In server Options configured mirror: E:\eset\mirror
    enabled HTTP support, port 2221 by default

then in remote install tab defined package, named it.
    now time came to make configuration XML.
    As i got idea, in clients update server i should put http://my_server:2221 right o_O?

But i didn't find this option in config list but in Eset 2 main category , which is before, "EAV 4 , Smart Security ... " category

Please help to figure this out.
    And yes, i've read ERA manual. But it's not full for me and i can't figure my issues by it.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

If you need the update sever to be available outside the network, you can set it up as an HTTP server.

My advice, if all your computers are on the same LAN, just point the clients to your update server via name. In the "Remote Administration" configuration, just enter the name of your server and leave the port as default.

3. iDen

iDen Registered Member

Yeap, everything is under one LAN segment

+before this momment, i had eav 2.7 installation via .bat file.
    simple bat file with, with general string //my_server/eset/setup.exe + direction to config.xml

but now i have only one msi package, and i thought it's imposible make such bat setup config with binded xml file.

Okey, tomorrow i'll try to enter server name in remote administration only, and see if it works.

Anyway thanks.

4. iDen

iDen Registered Member

I've configured eav4 configured file to connect remote server for administration by port 2222

Also i've ctreated .bat file for installation not from ERAC. It looks like this:

Code:
    @echo off

if exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe"  goto end

\\*my_server*\eset\eavV4.msi /qn REBOOT="Force"

:end

exit
    also placed in install dir "cfg.xml" configuration file.

when I've installed soft on client station, it failed to update. Invalid update address.
    It failed until I've manually entered update server: http://*my_server*:2221

How can i put this thing in automatics. there is option for EAV v2 to enter update server in config file, but there is no such in EAVv4 category o_O

How should i configure Clients, ERAC/S or Config XML if clients should update if Remote administration Server and port configured, and they should update without entering server address manually o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.