Need help plz ..

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by itscanon, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itscanon

itscanon Registered Member

Hi ,

I'm new here and from what i already read on this forum seems like it is very helpful and friendly.

I have this problem which i've been trying to solve for days now ..

I'm on DSL cable, my pc is sitting behind a trendnet router/firewall..I's a home network with two pcs attached..I noticed that whenever the other pc is connected to the internet my connection becomes very active even without doing any online activities..I downloaded Comodo firewall and it seeesm that "svchost" is receiving data all the time on relatively high rate around 10 K/sec.
    My line is 128 K ... Ran every virus scanner , spyware removal .. etc . my Pc seems to be clean .

My Question is : is this normal ? or does it mean that my friends pc on the network is infected ?

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello itscanon, Welcome to Wilders.

There can be a lot of network activity on an home LAN, this would depend on your OS, and the windows services running. An example on XP, is the SSDP (uPnP) service, which is quite active when running, and will comm to the other PC`s and the router on LAN.

If you could give more info, such as the OS being used, could you also check to see what activity is being made,.. such info as ports/IP`s being used will help to find what this is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.