Need help after installing 4.1 error code U005

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ramblinrose, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramblinrose

ramblinrose Registered Member

I disable all protections then uninstalled old version and reboot. Then I installed new version 4.1 on my son's pc. For some reason, I received an error U005 everytime I tried to manually update. I had to click ok twice then its update fine. Took too long to update because of that error.

Please can anyone help? I have no idea what was the problem or how to fix?

Windows XP home SP3, Kerio firewall, avast, Hp pc....most appreciated. I also have the same problem with my daughter in law's laptop with the same error U005. Her laptop is Hp windows XP home SP2, windows firewall and avast

Thanks! hugs, Rose

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. ramblinrose

Still have the same problems with an error U005...glad I didn't have autoupdate.

Hoping someone can help...Rose

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed reply.

The particular error message you mentioned (U005) is displayed when an error occurs while attempting to download the latest incremental update files.

It's possible that a firewall, proxy, or some other security/privacy program is interfering with SpywareBlaster's ability to obtain the latest update files. (Perhaps by either blocking access or corrupting them on the way, if it's "filtering"/scanning them in some manner.)

Are there any other security/privacy programs installed on both machines, other than Avast? And what version of Avast is installed on both?

The help troubleshoot the potential cause, I'd first recommend completely disabling any parts of Avast that deal with the Internet (if you're running a more recent version, likely the "Web" and "Network" shields). Then try updating SpywareBlaster again. If disabling just these parts of Avast doesn't help (or cause the error to change), please try temporarily disabling Avast completely to see if you are then able to update SpywareBlaster.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

P.S. SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate support is available directly through our support ticketing system at: https://www.javacoolsoftware.com/support/

4. ramblinrose

Spywareblaster updated today and same error U005 again. I don't know what to do. It's annoying....

I can't figured it out what blocked spywareblaster from updating....he got Kerio firewall, avast running in the background...nothing else.

Same with his wife's laptop..she got windows firewall and avast running in the background yet she received an error U005 also. o_O o_O

avast version is 4.8.1229 and no security/privacy programs on their pcs.

How will I know when spywareblaster is ready for updates so I can disable avast shields? I don't understand. I already disabled email shield and others on. I know nothing about proxy.

I appreciated for your time and help....Rose

5. ramblinrose

Next time...I will do what you suggest and try it that way. But still does that mean I have to do it like that every time for updates? :doubt:

6. Niels

Niels Registered Member

I am not using Avast but see if you can find a module called webscanner,http traffic scanner,... and try to temporary disable it and see if you now can update properly.

7. ramblinrose

Thank you for helping but I don't know where that is...I paused email, p2p, instant messaging, and network shields on avast before updating.

Today I paused those shields and guess what? Spywareblaster updated with no error at all!

So now I went to avast forum asking for help....find out if there is a fix or not.

Thank you so much. I appreciated it. hugs, Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.