Need Advice

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Vietnam Vet, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this, so please move if in the wrong place. I currently run the DiamondCS RegistryProt app and have now added both the Startup Monitor and Startup Control Panel offerings from Mike Lin. Can anyone advise as to whether these apps play well together, especially the Startup Monitor vs. RegistryProt? TIA.

2. " I currently run the DiamondCS RegistryProt app and have now added both the Startup Monitor and Startup Control Panel offerings from Mike Lin."

I would again advise you , with all due respect Nam, with the OS you are running, to make a choice on which of those you want to keep. I realise you are just testing ;). But both seem to be an overkill.

I see no technical conflict for you..but I would not advise it for others.

3. Vietnam Vet

Thanks for reply. Apologize for late answer, out of town last weekend, trying to catch up now. Curious about your reply. It seems to imply that you had advised me about this matter at some previous time, but this was the first time I had tried these apps and asked for advice. Maybe someone else on another board...... I did post on the spywareinfo forums, but the only reply there with similar sentiments was from Mike H. Someone else there suggested that on occasion, either Startup Monitor or RegistryProt may catch something the other misses. Has not been the case with me, so maybe overkill is exactly what this is. Again thanks for the info.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

5. Vietnam Vet

Hi FanJ, just went and had a look at your link to read about RegRun Gold. Is there anything that program doesn't do? Seriously, it covers a lot of territory and I may very well give it a try soon. Most programs I try after hearing about them here and reading what is said about them by the many knowledgeable people that frequent this place, so your recommendations are very valuable to me and are always welcome. Thanks for the tip!

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I use RegRun Suite Gold and would not be caught without it. I agree with FanJ and would definitely give it a trial spin if I were you.

I especially like its registry monitoring features and the feature to change the start-up order of my programs. Lots of times, by changing the start-up orders, I had been able to solve several software conflicts and help my system to boot faster....

Regards,
    Kent

7. root

root Registered Member

No doubt, RegRun is a keeper. It gives you a lot more control than the other programs you are talking about VIETNAM_VET. It has a bit of a learning curve, but while you're learning, it does the basic stuff real easy.
    Spent a couple of years in Nam, myself. This is a friendlier place. :D

8. Vietnam Vet

Hi puff-m-d and root, thanks for the additional comments and info. RegRun sounds very good and is on the list of apps to be tried. Don't usually surf anywhere I am likely to get in trouble, but you never know. Besides, the security angle really interests me and I love trying new apps. So a little insight from the experienced users is a welcome thing. By the way, root, you are right about the friendlier atmosphere here. Just glad to be able to share it with all of you.

9. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

RegRun, you say ...... OH YEAH ! :D

10. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Finally, one of the oldest fans from Dmitry's (very nice) software is speaking up! :D What took you this long, Mickey?

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.