Need Advice RE: File Security Scan Results

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Briancf, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briancf

Briancf Registered Member

Hi All,

I just purchased and installed Systweak’s Advanced System Optimizer 3 on my system, and after and in-depth scan I was shocked that it found so many issues!

I have been using Norton Internet Security, along with some other system cleanup/optimizer programs (on a regular basis) that include Advanced SystemCare 5, CCleaner and TuneUp Utilities.

I did a “Norton Insight Network Scan” as well as a “Norton File Insight” lookup on some of the files that the Advanced System Optimizer scan labeled as “higher risk”, and the Norton scans were telling me that the files were OK- “No viruses or other security risks were found” and that “many users in the Norton Community have used the files” and that the “files have preformed no suspicious actions”.

Again, I didn’t check all the files Advanced System Optimizer told me posed a threat, just several of the ones labeled as “higher risk”.

So I am confused as to what to do at this point- whether I should allow Advanced System Optimizer to remove the files from my computer, or if they are really not risky and may be left alone (and might even interfere with some normal program functioning if removed).

I have posted a text (.TXT) file of the Advanced System Optimizer scan results, and was hoping someone might be able to take a look and let me know their opinion or experiences in dealing with these files.

Thanks so much for your help with this issue!

-Brian

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Re: Need Adivce RE: File Security Scan Results

send that report to them and ask to investigate their findings. I wouldn't act on its current recommendation.

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Re: Need Adivce RE: File Security Scan Results

Uff!! Advanced System Optimizer still making lots of FPs... :gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.