Need a VPN

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by noblelord, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Hi all,

I've tried googling, but not really come up with much luck. I need a VPN solution (preferably something like Perfect Privacy with servers all over the place, so I can switch when I fancy), but if at all possible it should include ESTONIA. This is mainly so I can watch Estonian TV. Of course, I also don't want it to be a dodgy VPN. ;)

Does anyone have any recommendations/ideas? I'm asking here as I trust the good people of Wilders much more than some dodgy VPN review website!

Cheers all.

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

I use Mullvad. It's only single hop, but the support questions were answered quickly and the Bitcoin purchase went smooth as silk.

P

3. mag1c

mag1c Registered Member

I use nVPN.net (Cheap, no logs and fast. Can Switch servers on the fly for an extra $10 a month)

Also checkout, QuadVPN or Doublevpn.com

Note: ( I used to use Perfect Privacy, but it's too expensive)

4. Pryvate

Pryvate Registered Member

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yep, did you read that entire post?

I don't know if any of them have servers in Estonia and why does it have to be in Estonia?

6. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

Here's a few VPN providers with servers in Estonia:

https://www.intl-alliance.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_174
    https://overplay.net/locations/estonia.php
    http://hidemyass.com/vpn/servers/

Any of those commercial services should be fine for everyday web surfing and/or watching Estonian television. All are legitimate businesses, so I don't think they'd be "dodgy" in that regard. However, if your internet activity requires a greater level of privacy/anonymity, I'd definitely look elsewhere.

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

intl-alliance has a cert from Comodo and it's coming back untrusted, now that's worth a laugh... :)

And let's not even bring up HideMyAss... :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

8. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Why? I have been using them without a problem.

9. Digizik

Digizik Registered Member

10. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

That's interesting, thanks for letting me know. I wonder if they would give me a refund on my VPN since i was told by a staff member when i signed up that no logs were kept, only server load logs. Because it was mis-sold there should be some way to get my money back but knowing this i doubt they will refund me.

11. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Thanks for all the comments - the main reason I want Estonia is for the TV coverage. :)

12. woomera

woomera Registered Member

ive been using witopia.net for 2 years now, happy as a clam :)

13. Digizik

i've tested the following providers for some time and came to the following results:

• strong vpn
    + cheap bundle, lots of servers in different counties, 24/7 support AAA+, very good speed
    - anonymity, keeping loggs

• ipredator
    + free open vpn, but also premium membership available, good support, separate email account with 1gb storage, speed average, lots of different configuration how to connect, protect privacy - loggs just 7 days
    - disconnections sometimes

• anonine
    + swedish server
    - keep logs + share it with fbi - prison up to 2 years, just 1 single server, shitty provider, 2048bit connection a joke!

• tunnel vpn
    + swedish company, good support, member area, 99,8% uptime of servers, never had an issue, accept ukash payment!, no logging, never!!!
    - vpn client of tunnel vpn didn't work on my pc with windows 7 32bit, with "default client" no problems

-------

hope, i could help a bit...

regards, digizik :)

14. marktor

marktor Registered Member

Im pretty sure this is wrong about Ipredator. No logs are kept... They dont offer Open VPN as far as I know.... Maybe I am mistaken? or did you post this wrong?

15. Digizik

yeah, you're right... :rolleyes: i've mixed something up... unfortunately i can't remember what the name of the provider was? i've searched the web, but didn't find it...

ipredator shouldn't keep any logs after the embarrassing news in 2009!
    http://www.itnews.com.au/News/151988,pirate-bays-ipredator-not-a-place-to-hide.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.