Need A Professional's Help!!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by barkerb23, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barkerb23

barkerb23 Registered Member

well every time i restart my pc, i have to reinstall windows xp because theres always a file missing at start up, theres no viruses found in my pc. i reformatted my pc at least 10 times and reinstalled xp at least 10 times. but theres an issue. every time i restart my pc, i get a message saying theres a file missing, but its always a different one. sometimes its a driver, sometimes its a system32 file and alot others. but theres no viruses, because i format my hdd and theres no folders or files in my hdd when i format.

heres all what i have done..
    - reinstalled windows 10 times (at least)
    - reformatted the hdd 9 times (5 times the long format)
    - used malware bytes and always detects no virus
    - during use of my pc, i gete blue screen of death (BSOD)
    - after blue screen of death goes away, it restarts and then after boot screen (with windows logo and loading bar) get the blue screen every time.

so right now, if i restart my pc, im gonna have to reinstall my computer!!
    i need professional help.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

any decent computer shop you can take it too?

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Have you ran a hard drive diagnostics check using your hard drive manufacturer's bootable CD? There is a chance that your hard drive may be starting to fail.

I think that it gives more of a "peace of mind" if you completely wipe your whole hard drive by having a utility write zeros to all hard drive sectors. That way you have a high level of confidence that no Malware remains on the hard drive. The above bootable CD usually has the zero write option. A zero write may take several hours, depending on your hard drive size.

After the zero write operation is complete, you format the hard drive and install the Operating System.

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

In addition to what TheKid7 suggested you might try some sort of memory test that you can run from the cd/dvd drive. If you built your machine you might also check the memory setting in the BIOS. I had a problem where my BIOS wasn't giving my memory enough voltage and I kept having problems installing Windows.

5. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

A couple of examples of memory testers are:

Memtest86
    Dr.Web LiveCD (Select memory test from boot options.)

All of the memory testers listed above test the memory from a bootable CD. You download the ISO image, burn the image to a CD-R and then boot from the CD.

6. JConLine

JConLine Registered Member

The next time you have to reload xp why don't you run a linux live cd, you could even install linux to your hd using a live cd.

If linux works without any problems then you may have a corrupted or infected xp install cd.

Jim

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I have seen this behaviour twice before. First time it was a bad cdrom drive, second time it was a cracked XP version.

Gerard

8. katio

katio Guest

My guess:
    scratched CD, bad hardware, wrong forum section ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.