Need a little help with MJRegwatcher

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Gunslinger, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Registered Member

Hi guys,

i am using the latest version, 1.2.3.7 and the custom keyset from one of the members here (i can't remember how to spell his id so i wont insult him by making a mess of it :p )

i would like to filter out a couple of the pop-up warnings i always get, but i cant work out how, as there is no "filter this value" option available for this warning, just the ok button. here is what the popup says
    this warning was triggered by opera browser opening or changing size, as you can imagine it is rather frustrating after a while.

I dont want to filter out the whole c:\windows\win.ini entry as i dont know what detrimental affect this might have.

so was hoping you 1 of you guys might be able to help

Thank you

Gunslinger

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Gunslinger, welcome to Wilders. As your issue is related to MJRW and its use, I'll shift it over into Privacy Software, where it should receive better attention.

Cheers :D

3. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Registered Member

ah .... thanks for that, and thank you for the welcome :)

Gunslinger

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

5. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Maybe it is my name? :)
    I don't really understand what would you like to set. You either get warnings for any changes in win.ini, or you do not get warning for any changes in it. MJ Regwatcher does not provide features to identify the nature/initiator of the change. If I were you I would remove the win.ini monitoring from the key list. This can be done by
    - Options->Settings->Enable key list editing
    - go to the line containing %windir%win.ini
    - insert a # character to the begining of the line, so you get "#%windir%win.ini"
    - press save
    - press start
    - optinally disable editing

I don't see why would opera need to write to win.ini anyway. Can you save a copy of your win.ini before and after starting opera, and post the difference?
    -hojtsy-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.