need a fully protecting and compatible antivirus or security suites for windows 10

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by taleblou, Dec 27, 2015.

1. fax

fax Registered Member

Most AVs nowadays are compatible and fully functional on WIN 10. :)

2. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Sorry, but I wouldn't know about that. My wife paid $25 for a 1-year MBAM Premium license on her Win10 notebook (seems to be a reasonable price for the level of protection that MBAM Premium affords).

Cruise

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Just read the following

"The test system was a Lenovo ThinkPad Twist with an Intel Core i3-3217U processor and 4 GB RAM, with a clean, updated installation of 64-bit Windows 10, Build 10240. The testing procedure included the points described in the Test Checklist below. Readers should be aware that our approval only applies to the functionality and browsers/OS version, and to the specific program version / build number of each product listed here."

And threshold 2 is supposed to be build 10586, right? Also if they were updating the list shouldn't they had Emsisoft version 11 instead of 10?

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

If you use FireFox do not buy Norton Security. It's toolbar is still not yet fully compatible with FireFox. Hasn't been since FF 40 and now because of a newer edition it is not fully compatible with any version of Firefox. Norton has been working on a solution for months.

5. anon

anon Registered Member

Windows 10/Build 10240, Windows 10/Build 10586

When a product says "Windows10" compatible, it is Windows 10 compatible...... whatever the Build is.

Compatibility goes by the Windows version (XP/Vista/7/8/10 32/64-bit), not by the a, b, x, z build.

6. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

I think it depends on the product. For example is it's known that Kaspersky had a lot of limitations on Windows 10, which they supposedly managed to fix. However threshold 2 brought some incompatibility issues which is why the needed to released another patch, this being patch d.
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=339550

7. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

I have to disagree, because there is no WIN10, like it was before in previous WIN versions.
    WIN10 is a rolling release now....

My recommendation is to use Windows-Defender, apply the adware-pup's registry patch
    and combine with a second opinion malware scanner, like Malwarebytes AntiMalware(paid),
    or Zemania AntiMaware(paid).

8. Infected

Infected Registered Member

What about WSA and Eset?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.