Ned help With Acronis 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by squid13, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

I'm new to this program and I burned an image to CD's. I thought I'd check it out to see if it would work so I booted my computer from the bootable CD. I used the boot CD and tried an image restore and bang right of the bat I get this error message. E000101F4 Acronis True Image has detected unsupported hard disk drives.. Acronis True Image does not support Windows Dynamic Disks, EZ-Drives etc. From what I've been told windows XP Home does not have dynamic disk. I'm using Windows XP Home SP1. When I go to Administrative Tools> Computer Management> Disk management it says my disk is basic. My hard drive is WDC WD800BB-53CAA1 ,80.2 GB Drive 0. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Any help would sure be appreciated. I'm using build number 791.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. squid13

Just an update on what I've done. I uninstalled Acronis True Image using their uninstaller that came with the program. I went to search and removed all files that pertained to Acronis True Image. I had it checked to show hidden files. I used RegSupreme Pro to clean the registry of anything that pertained to Acronis. I rebooted and reinstalled Acronis True Image 8.0 Build 791 and made a new rescue disk and then tried to restore from the boot disk and got the same old error message.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello squid13,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the "report.txt" file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the reference to this thread.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

4. squid13

OK I've done as you requested and sent the text file to you.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello squid13,

Thank you for the information. If you don't get any response from Acronis Support Team please let me know your Acronis request # which is sent to you in an autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.