Necessary to uninstall BD to try NOD?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JerryM, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am currently using Bit Defender 9.0, and it is a good AV. I do not have any complaints. However, I am considering going to KAV or NOD when my license expires.

Would I have to uninstall BD to trial NOD or could I just disable it with WinPatrol, and try NOD?

Would NOD be easy to uninstall after the trial if I decided to stay with BD?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Farbod

Farbod Registered Member

1. in each PC only one resident! (and other same components, like http scan)

2. yes, only a few clicks... :D

You can PM me your email address and expiry date of your bitdefender license, I'll send you a ... :D

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Forbod,
    Thanks.
    I am not sure I understand " in each PC only one resident! (and other same components, like http scan)."
    As I understand it, one could disable one AV and run only one at a time and they would not conflict. WinPatrol provides the option of disabling a program at start-up and it would seem that by doing that either program could be used as desired. Is that correct?

However, I did ask the same question re KIS and was told that I would have to uninstall BD before downloading KIS.

I am not displeased with BD, and it has done everything that was needed to protect my machine. I guess I just wonder about anything that has a higher detection rate, as do NOD and KAV.

Thanks.
    Jerry

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

To avoid conflicts, I would uninstall BD. Otherwise, you may find yourself wondering why you are having problems.
    NOD is an easy install/uninstall. None easier that I know of.
    [Uninstalling NOD will leave the Eset folder in Program Files. Right click the folder and delete after uninstalling]

5. Farbod

Farbod Registered Member

I think your problem solved with my PM reply :D ;)

6. gue_st

gue_st Guest

To be honest, it seems that NOD32 is one of the few(if not the only one) programs that unistalls properly, without leaving junk in the registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.