Necessary to uninstall BD to try NOD?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JerryM, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am currently using Bit Defender 9.0, and it is a good AV. I do not have any complaints. However, I am considering going to KAV or NOD when my license expires.

Would I have to uninstall BD to trial NOD or could I just disable it with WinPatrol, and try NOD?

Would NOD be easy to uninstall after the trial if I decided to stay with BD?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Farbod

Farbod Registered Member

1. in each PC only one resident! (and other same components, like http scan)

2. yes, only a few clicks... :D

You can PM me your email address and expiry date of your bitdefender license, I'll send you a ... :D

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Forbod,
    Thanks.
    I am not sure I understand " in each PC only one resident! (and other same components, like http scan)."
    As I understand it, one could disable one AV and run only one at a time and they would not conflict. WinPatrol provides the option of disabling a program at start-up and it would seem that by doing that either program could be used as desired. Is that correct?

However, I did ask the same question re KIS and was told that I would have to uninstall BD before downloading KIS.

I am not displeased with BD, and it has done everything that was needed to protect my machine. I guess I just wonder about anything that has a higher detection rate, as do NOD and KAV.

Thanks.
    Jerry

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

To avoid conflicts, I would uninstall BD. Otherwise, you may find yourself wondering why you are having problems.
    NOD is an easy install/uninstall. None easier that I know of.
    [Uninstalling NOD will leave the Eset folder in Program Files. Right click the folder and delete after uninstalling]

5. Farbod

Farbod Registered Member

I think your problem solved with my PM reply :D ;)

6. gue_st

gue_st Guest

To be honest, it seems that NOD32 is one of the few(if not the only one) programs that unistalls properly, without leaving junk in the registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.