Necessary or very useful programs...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wilder, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yes, and it's a sad shame and in addition a critical loss they are really missing out on Erik. FD-ISR is in a class of it's own and it's stability is Stellar save none, including rollback loyals.

The curve is like any curve with a program carefully designed to make the very best use of computing and more importantly reliable confidence.

I don't know how it done it, but ALL my snapshots were recently disrupted by of all things CHKDSK :cautious: but somehow jockying with the archives of FD-ISR and a little manipulating of my own with xyployer in fully deleting snapshots that showed deleted but some folders/files were still listed, overcame near disaster. I just can't estimate the value this program has when it comes to immediate recovery solutions short of an image restore.

A very fine piece of Windows software engineering. :thumb:

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Absolute Essentials are for me: FD-ISR and ShadowProtect or ATI <--- kinda slow.

I have a few other Desert Island Apps:

Farstone Capture
    Edit Pad Lite
    Locate32
    Directory Opus
    Tune-Up Utilities 2007
    JV16Power Tools 2007
    Photofiltre
    Ultimate De-Frag
    Clipboard Recorder

Here's a similar previous thread:
    What are your "Must have" applications? https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=141448&page=2&highlight=locate

...screamer

3. fce

fce Registered Member

does FDISR have Imaging Software or do bare metal recovery same with Rollback Rx?....in your dreams :D

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I have ShadowProtect to do that job and it restores ALL my snapshots, not just one. :p

5. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

Just for anyone interested, ShadowProtect will also save all of Rollback's snapshots when used in the recovery environment and with the 'all sector' option selected. I've just been trying it out and it seems to work well :) .

Graham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.