NAV2003 background activity & antivirus activity in general

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sev8910, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sev8910

sev8910 Registered Member

I have several general questions on antivirus activity. I use NAV 2003 with always current updates. It seems that e-mail is being scanned automatically when I open up to the e-mail window(ok with me). When is this program actually blocking viruses-are viruses being blocked all the time when any program is being used? Are viruses being blocked automatically when visiting sites on the internet? Are viruses being blocked automatically when downloading programs from a CD? Or are viruses only discovered when NAV 2003 scanner program is activated? Do other antivirus programs behave generally as NAV- as far is scanning & blocking is concerned? Thank You for your time.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Your on access scanner in nav scans any file or folder opened, it scans e-mail on download before it is put on your Hdd. It scans all incoming data on access to the web or cd or a floopy in your A drive. Most AV's scan pretty much in the same way, but not all av's scan as deeply as others. Some have better hueristics and others have better un packing abilities. But to answer your question there are some on demand av scanners available, but they only scan what you tell it to at the time of your scan. where as an on access scanner such as your nav will scan on its own anytime any file folder or removable media is used or as you surf the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.