NAV2001 and ZA conflict potential?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Digiti, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digiti

Digiti Registered Member

Hello,
    This question may not be appropiate here, but I will give it a try anyway.I am about to install NAV2001 PRO on my Win95b[64megs ram ,pent 166] computer.Are there any potential problems running the install with Zone Alarm activated[Truevector on; in other words]. Should I deselect load Truevector at startup and reboot first without ZA running first? Thanks.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Digiti,

Yes, that's the golden rule for installing something new: do what you wrote about ZA, and then make sure only Explorer and Systray are running. After installation do not forget to check-mark the box in ZA "Load za at start-up" again.

BTW: I'm not quite sure whether the MailSafe feature of ZA will work fine together with the mail-scanner of NAV. In that case it might be a good idea not to use Mailsafe, but -as said- I'm not quite sure about this.

3. Digiti

Digiti Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. Your point regarding disabling mailsafe is well taken.
    Regards,
    Digiti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.