nav or nod32v2 for main av

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the mul, Jan 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I have both av programmes installed, and i would like your advise as to which av i should use as my main av.I no that nod uses less system resources, is also a good av for detection, and has won many awards for it;s good detection rate.
    As u know nav is resource hungry, which is not really a problem for me, and i know most replys will probably say use nod as your main av, and forget nav, but can u tell me if the virus database for nav is not larger than that of nod, and does this not make a difference, as it would detect more nasties than that of nod ,or does it not make any difference, as nod has many other features to make it the better choice.

thanks the mul

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

NOD32 2.0 Heuristic is much better than NAV, Updates are released every day and are automatically.
    I personally prefer NOD than any other AV in the market today.

3. root

root Registered Member

Of the choices you offer, NOD32 would be your best bet for resident protection, but I would suggest an anti trojan as well. Neither of those two programs are going to give you sufficient AT protection.

4. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Thanks for your help sir carew, and i will follow your advise, and i also have all diamond cs programmes installed as well as all javacool programmes .

thanks the mul

5. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

i am in my "NAV or NOD32?" choice too as of know :)

NOD32 seems to fits to my needs with daily updates and few ressources used.
    For Trojans i use TDS3 from DiamondCS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.