NAV 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by markcc, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Is anyone here using Online Armor & NAV 2009 together? I really like OA but would like to give NAV a try.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

they should not conflict.

3. Halo326

Halo326 Registered Member

Why dont you just use NIS.

4. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I don't care for the firewall part of NIS. I am used to OA & that is what I want to use. I have NIS trial on my laptop so I have given that a chance. I do not need the anti-spam or the parental control. I just need a good A/V program.

5. Halo326

Halo326 Registered Member

Parent control is only there if you download and install the add on for it. Antispam is off by default. I only use web based email so its no biggie to me. Just cause antispam is packaged with it doesn't mean it runs a separate service.

6. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

You do not need the anti-spam or the parental control :eek: , Neil from pcmag.com have hiccup right now...

7. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Hello Halo326

The firewall part of the suite is what I don't care for! I prefer OA or even Outpost to the Norton firewall. The A/V part looks good to me & the detection seems to be top notch. Up until the 2009 version I would not even consider installing Norton products. People on this board have been saying good things about the 2009 products & I agree Norton has done a fine job with their new products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.