NAV 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by markcc, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Is anyone here using Online Armor & NAV 2009 together? I really like OA but would like to give NAV a try.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

they should not conflict.

3. Halo326

Halo326 Registered Member

Why dont you just use NIS.

4. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I don't care for the firewall part of NIS. I am used to OA & that is what I want to use. I have NIS trial on my laptop so I have given that a chance. I do not need the anti-spam or the parental control. I just need a good A/V program.

5. Halo326

Halo326 Registered Member

Parent control is only there if you download and install the add on for it. Antispam is off by default. I only use web based email so its no biggie to me. Just cause antispam is packaged with it doesn't mean it runs a separate service.

6. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

You do not need the anti-spam or the parental control :eek: , Neil from pcmag.com have hiccup right now...

7. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Hello Halo326

The firewall part of the suite is what I don't care for! I prefer OA or even Outpost to the Norton firewall. The A/V part looks good to me & the detection seems to be top notch. Up until the 2009 version I would not even consider installing Norton products. People on this board have been saying good things about the 2009 products & I agree Norton has done a fine job with their new products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.