Nav 2003 vs Dr.Web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JC, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Some examples:

Norton Utilities > Norton Win Doctor: cleans to much in the registry, with as result an instable system. Better product: Registry Healer by KsL Software.

Norton Ghost: cannot make an image of a NTFS partition. Better product: Powerquest Drive Image.

Norton Anti-virus: don't find certain viruses and/or trojans. NAV is like the name already explains a virus-scanner, but another virusscanners are discovering more trojans (and viruses) as Norton does. Better product: DrWeb.

Norton Personal Firewall: is doing the job to good, and "to" is not always positive, blocks to much. Better products: Outpost Pro and Outpost Free.

All programs announced by me as "better product" are programs I personal use, but there are more programs who are doing the job better as Norton.

This should not be seen as a flame against Norton, but you asked me and I just answered your question.
    I realize that Norton-freaks will not be happy with my answer, but I am a (ex-Norton) freak who wants a good product for his money. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.