NAV 2003 or Syamantec Corporate Edition?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Rob, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob Guest

I currently have the choice between two antiviruses. My dad purchased NAV 2003 professional which I could install on my computer or I could use Symantec Corporate Edition 8.0 which I get free from my school. I was wondering if anyone had an recommendations as to which would be better to use. My only concern about Corporate edition is that it doesnt appear to scan all incoming email. I could be wrong but it seems to just wait til a virus is deployed and then it acts. If anyone could give me any recommendations I would appreciate it. Thanks, Rob

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i dumped norton..i do not know how well it works because i never had it catch a virus for me. i switched to etrust when i heard others saying they liked it.

3. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Your choice between Home and Corporate edition is really your own choice, I have used Corporate edition some time back and it was ok, not scanning your emails isn't really a problem, as long as your a sensible email reader and dont go clicking on attachments from unsolicited recipients you'll be fine, and the resident scanner will still jump in and save you (hopefully) as you have licensed access to both you could try each one at a time for a while and see which has less impact on you pc and which is better 'for you'

Not much help but something to go on :)

Kev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.