MySecureIsp.com?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by nameless, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tal919

tal919 Registered Member

Hello,

Im glad you guys are interested in My Secure ISP. I want to explain what we do and why we are here, and dispell some notions.

First, we have some toolbar issues. Largely this is due to the fact that AV software blacklists entire ranges of GUIDS that are used to identify ActiveX controls and firefox extensions.

Being inherently lazy we did not write our own IE or Firefox extension we used one from a company in russia. We know it is not malware, however the core component as purchased by others probably has been turned into malware at some point by other companies and a huge rangeof GUIDs was declared MAL by AV vendors.

We (when we get off our butts) will write our own extensions however anyone who is worried about malware I will provide the complete source code to the firefox toolbar (I dont have the source to the IE toolbar) and to our C code to prove that its not malicious. For those heavy users of AV we apologize for the inconvenience.

Interestingly enough we have Mac and Linux users who dont even care about the toolbar and just write a script to talk to our proxy.

Yes, our site has broken links, why? Because before AOL screwed up noone visited our site and we didnt even really market it. It was an idea is all. And I am very lazy. But its not a BAD site it just need some updating.

As for the number of customers referenced by looking at our Paypal stats well we used to do credit cards and we had a small user base for a while and the CC thing was a hassle and we ditched it.

And no we arent making money based on our current price and subscribers. But neither is youtube so who cares? We arent losing 1.5 million a month.
    We arent even losing 150 bucks a month.

So as far as why we exist well we are simply providing a proxy. We are not enticing nor courting people to break the law, nor would we protect criminals.
    We do not keep logs more than a day, and the logs do not contain any IPs.

We do not subscribe to any ISP bandwidth in Washington as was suggested by looking at our test page which is a simple stupid shtml page. But if we were it wouldnt matter.

We are simply trying to provide a layer of protection from casual intrusion and casual tracking/snooping that ISPs, employers and web sites do.

The idea is what if the whole web were HTTPS? And why isnt it?

If you want an anonymizer to protect you from yourself, then Id say we are not for you. but if you want to merely read your email without your employer reading it too, then we provide that.

2. tal919

tal919 Registered Member

see reply on page 2 from my secure isp

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Having a few Tor servers here and there wouldn't do them any good, unless there is a serious flaw in Tor.

Quite a selling point. :) Seriously, though, thanks for the reply.

I have no idea what this means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.