MyEquifax.com Bypasses Credit Freeze PIN

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Mar 8, 2019.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/03/myequifax-com-bypasses-credit-freeze-pin/

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

This is some scary stuff. I am one of those that has all my major credit files FROZEN, or so I thought! How insane that I could setup a new account with Equifax and NOT have to supply my PIN at all. There have been a couple instances where I called Equifax and gave my PIN to unlock my file for 24 hours. I felt like that was not too inconvenient at all since the process was totally protecting my credit files. I am not near a machine where I can check this out right now. I wonder if there is a "click" I could make to disable ANY access without knowing that long PIN?

3. Soft Life

Soft Life Registered Member

Equifax is confusing. When the data was breached they said I was one of them. So I joined and they let me unlock and lock my report. Then when the 1 year was up they told me I need to go to Equifax LOCK & ALERT to lock and unlock my file. I did and now I'm using that. i don't recall ever being offered a PIN.

Experian did give me a code though. Their site seems the most secure out of all of them, the other being TrueIdentity TransUnion.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.