My VMs in Virtual Box are current Inaccesible. How do I get access to them again?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by DesuMaiden, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

Last night, I decided to move the folders of my VirtualBox VMs (which contain my Virtual Machines and VM images) from my start Start Up menu to my computer's Desktop. Apparently I shouldn't have moved the VirtualBox VM folder from the start up menu over to the desktop because now all my Virtual Machines are Inaccessible. I am using a Windows 7 guest OS by the way.

I am now going to post a screenshot of my Virtual Box GUI. I hope the details of the screenshots help you help me solve this troubling dilemma because I don't want to recreate all my virtual machines (which will take many painstaking days of work and I am too busy for that right now).

Attached Files:

2. ParaNodes

ParaNodes Registered Member

Not sure this will help, open VM Manager, click on File top left>Preferences>General>edit "Default Machine Folder" to full path of present location.If you have snapshots may need to do the same for each VM.(right click each VM >settings>general>advanced tab>full path to"Snapshot Folder")

HTH

Edit: To add there's a drop down with "other"(navigate to present location) and "reset" at both edit locations.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

You could just add them back by double-clicking *.vbox files in the folder(s) where your virtual machines are now residing. But I suggest you to do it only if the method ParaNodes described somehow doesn't work.

4. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

None of the methods you guys described work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.