My USB HD is full, now Vista doesn't "see" drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by raymartrading, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raymartrading

raymartrading Registered Member

My USB HD is full, now Vista doesn't "see" drive-Problem Solved!

Help. I have been using Paragon Drive Backup 10.0 free edition for several weeks to back up to my Samsung 250 GB SP2504C USB Hard Drive. I think my HD is full, worse, now Vista doesn't "see" my drive. The weird thing is that when I attach the USB drive, Vista chimes, and when I want to remove it, Vista recognizes the drive but doesn't assign it a letter. It used to be G. I have my C drive for my programs, a D drive from an old computer, and my E drive for data, and F for the DVD drive. Why doesn't it recognize the external drive?

Thanks everybody.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

please check how your external drive is shown in Windows Disk management and post screenshot here:
    * right-click on 'My computer' and choose 'Manage';
    * select 'Disk Management' in 'Storage';
    Maybe it just lost its drive letter, which could be assigned manually.

3. raymartrading

raymartrading Registered Member

Mech_An -- Thank you! I went to Disk Management and assigned a drive letter and my drive has appeared. I had 2 weeks of back ups and the hard drive was full. I will now read the other posts on how to do incremental backups. :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.