my trusty old linksys wrk54g router

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chrome_sturmen, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

needed a place to stay after coming back from california as of late, and asked my aunt if i could use the old dusty guest house.... my aunt has about 20 acres of land here, and the guest house sits well back from the main house, towards the peripheray of the yard proper, at the boundary where her well-manicured yard ends, and the woods begin...

knowing i'd need some net access, i went to storage and dug out my old linksys router and brought it on over, bridged her att fast access dsl modem over to the linksys wireless, and promptly sent myself a wireless signal out here to the house near the wood :D

the trusty wrk54g, though a few years old now and buried deep in my storage until this afternoon, is sending me a respectable 3 bar signal, a solid, stable connection.

let's hear it for connectivity and life on the boundaries of nothingness thanks to the solidarity and reliability of the old trusty linksys!

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yep,

Solitude does affect your appreciation on the simple things of life. When booz was not that expensive in Sweden, you problably would become melancholic about it also. :cool:

Cheers

Kees

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Flash with 3rd party firmware such as DD-WRT or Tomato....
    crank up the wireless output a little bit...
    and enjoy a few more bars, and snappier performance. :thumb:

4. Kman

Kman Registered Member

Afraid not...the OP's router is a WRK (not WRT) which was a crippled/stripped down version that Linksys packaged with a wireless card in a kit that sold for considerably less than the combined cost of a WRT and wireless card.

WRKs don't support third party firmwares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.