My PC what I have & what I don't!!!

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by WaterTech, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

We have a new one out there Snap called My Doom.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9195894~mode=flat

You have people in that thread finially realizing that This can also spread via Kazaa shares. If you are on a network with an infected computer and you have Kazaa installed this spread without you opening/receiving the email.

You have to download an infected file from Kazaa *and* run it in order to get infected.

If you're running Kazaa and get infected, the worm will place copies of itself in the Kazaa shared folder to make itself available for download by others. But they still have to download and run it.

So to answer you question you would have to read parts of that thread where many are arguing who was the first AV/AT company to find and put out an update for their little gem :D :D on this very high profile fast moving bad boy. And then when did the user actually get that update? On day is too late.

Now if it was not high profile i guess some would take a few days or a week ;)

Fact remains, on any P2P sharing networks script kiddies ( and crooks ) get their jollies off by putting designer trojan and keylogger within the downloads/uploads. There are many tools..free and purchased anyone can make a server/client setups that most AV/AT would miss.

P2P sharing of any kind has no place in a PC or system that you or someone in your family is also using the same PC for $$$ transactions, sensitive data, or anything else that is important to them.

I do not care who your favorite AT/AV or anti spy programmer or vendor might be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.