My PAID version transformed into a trial version for no reason!?!?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Davis P Miller, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I used the trial version to clean my heavily infected PC.

NOD32 did such a good job that I purchased a license the following week.

I uninstalled the trial and rebooted. Then I downloaded the commercial version with my password I was given.

I installed the commercial version and everything was well for about 2 months... until now.

All I did was try to update the definitions and when I checked the Information screen in NOD32 to see if the version had updated, I now see it says I have 30 days left in my trial!?!?

How the hell did my commercial version change into a trial o_O I just sent an email to the support about this, I hope I can get an answer faster through here though.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Did you remove the Eset folder from C Drive> Program Files after uninstalling the Trial version? It sounds as though you missed this step, in which case you will need to do the following:

Please download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com (just updated to v2.5.25 today).

Uninstall your current version.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

3. OK,

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the commercial version (2.50.25)

I uninstalled the one I have and rebooted and deleted the Eset folder.

When I try to install this version 2.50.25 it gives me this error message:

NOD32 Setup
    (120) Error occurred while registering the service. NOD32MOD_WINNT_ENGLISH_BASE

And the only option I have is to press OK. The installation fails.

What the hell is happening?? I want my money back.

4. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Registered Member

5. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

You can also run this:

c:\progra~1\eset\install\setup.exe /test

from the run line and either post the log file (from the install directory) or send it to support.

6. PlexShaw, I tried Thankful's method 10 times and no luck. I keep getting the error message.

rumpstah, here is the log:

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It appears to me that you didn't reboot the machine before reinstalling NOD32.

8. I'm sorry, but you are wrong. I DID reboot the machine, no doubt about that.

But lets say for arguments sake that I didn't reboot the machine. How would that cause this particular problem and how would I be able to fix it?

It doesn't make sense... I CANT install this damn thing no matter what i do! I rebooted 1,000 times and tried installing it with every possible different combination of settings available in the installer.

Im running with no AV for 2 days now... lets see how long this will drag out.

I even emailed support@eset.com and the reply I got was absolutely of NO help what-so-ever:

Instead of helping me resolve the issue and telling me what I need to do, the guy brushes me off with a one sentence reply and leaves me without an antivirus and a headache. Nice support Eset! I love how you guys help your customers when they need you.

I guess I am left all alone to figure it out for myself...

What a rip off!

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Just relax for a second, we will get to the bottom of the problem, once in a blue moon it takes a little time...

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

When you get that message, go ahead and reboot your computer. After restarting, go to the program files, Eset folder and run setup exe in the setup folder.
    Worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.