my micropoint

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nbl0ck, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

I'm not familiar with OA, but from my previous experience with Cyberhawk, Micropoints seems to be the direct Chinese equivalent.

It works on the same basis as Cyberhawk does - only the rules that trigger the alerts of respective programs are slightly different, near as I can tell. The one VERY BIG advantage over Cyberhawk is that Micropoint handles malware removal: once it detects a suspicious process, it terminates it on the spot, and offers to remove all file hierarchy and registry changes performed by the process and delete the process' executable as well. Again, use with care, since as previously mentioned, the whitelist isn't very well-tuned for Western software yet, and you might run across an FP or two.

2. norman6810

norman6810 Registered Member

Hey ,Perman.Happy to hear your words.Although I am not the staff of Micropoint,my altitude is the same as the Micropoint's business attitude.I just a lover of Micropoint.Some Chinese people always believe in the things from other countries.As far as I know, many Chinese people test the Micropoint because it comes from China.If the Chinese didn't support it, it would disappear quickly.I am looking forward to your test result.Thanks.

3. ink

ink Registered Member

I never tried this before, but I think technology only matters on automatic or advanced detection, a fast responding program can still do the job well, on the user side, some program can be better than other, but it doesn't mean all, if user get fine support, it can also cure the infection. No antivirus software can protect user completely, so the stupid program just have to work hard. Why not try to use their technology directly? They spend many yeas to study the technology, you just spend the money and good marketing.
    Technology will never beat the capital and marketing

4. norman6810

Hi,Ink!Your opinion is so cool.Absolutely,you are a security guru. No antivirus software can protect user completelyThat is true.But I am a Lazy one, I often depend on the software.Maybe I should learn some knowledge about antivirus .

5. nbl0ck

nbl0ck Registered Member

Micropoint English version

:) Really? I think that Anti-virus anti-trojan software can only clearing the old virus, old Trojan horse.

Anti-virus software can kill new virus new trojan horse? It's too hard..

Micropoint Proactive Defense Software's Main Functions and Its Descriptions

Function Description
    Proactive defense harmful programs
    Establish dynamic simulation anti-virus expert system, emulate the mechanism of expert's finding new virus, automatically identify new virus, and implement proactive defense for harmful programs such as the Virus, Worm, Trojan Horse, Backdoor, Spy ware etc.

Intelligently detect suspicious programs
    In accordance with the program behaviors, can intelligently diagnose suspicious programs, find the potential threatens of the system.

Dynamically trace the program sources
    Record the loading process of the program running, display loading time, parent process, process ID, etc information, completely in control of the program sources.

Completely record program creation process
    Record the creation process of the program in detail, record the creation time of the program, and its creator information, etc.

Visually display network information
    Completely in control of the dynamic network information, understand all the current process information with network operations, including local and remote IP addresses, port status, protocols, etc.

In control of the system status at any time
    Display current program lists in categories, and display the descriptions for each program, startup time, modules invoked, parent process, process ID, command line parameters, etc in details.

Automatically extract virus characteristics
    Upon finding new virus, can automatically extract virus characteristic, update the local software version by itself, implement the automation of "Capture, Analyze, Update", so as to facilitate the fast detection of the same kind of virus attacks hereafter.

Find the system vulnerability
    Vulnerability scanning tool, can scan the known vulnerabilities of the system, and automatically show the links of the patches, facilitate the users fixing the vulnerabilities in time.

In control of the system autorun information
    According to the different kinds of startup methods, display the detailed autorun information of the system in category, and provide the automatic fast positioning of the related registry key value, facilitate the user adjusting the autorun policies.

Superb logging system
    Categorize in accordance with the differences as for issues like process startup, program creation, registry modification , attacks to the system, and record the undergoing modification of the system in details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beijing Eastern Micropoint Info-Tech Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.

Micropoint English version
    Help File:
    http://www.sharebig.com/d/sdrtwytsu/05EoP7j4662333F0D/mp100201.rar.htm

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  6. norman6810

Re: Micropoint English version

Aha,are you come from Beijing Eastern Micropoint Info-Tech Co., Ltd.?
    I am a Micropoint fans.Happy to meet you here!

7. nbl0ck

nbl0ck Registered Member

反黑先锋:rolleyes: a Micropoint fans happy to meet you here!

8. norman6810

My ID in Micropoint Forum is the same one:norman6810!

9. nbl0ck

nbl0ck Registered Member

I see

sorry ,my english is very poor 中文比较好

10. Carzpurzkey

Carzpurzkey Registered Member

That seems to be a virus!
    楼主还是用英文吧,这里很多人不认识中文!

11. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Thanks for the introduction to Micropoint. The more antivirus programs the better. Not only more choices for the consumer but a healthy competition that will lead to better protection. Let the games begin :D

SourMilk out

12. norman6810

Better protection.Sounds good. I like the games.

13. andylau

andylau Registered Member

If you say Micropoint is Chinese version of Cyberhawk, it may not totally correct. It's because the function of Micropoint is not the same as Cyberhawk. Almost, I think Micropoint is better than Cyberhawk. But I don't say Micropoint is really good until now, may be it will be better and improved later. Micropoint still need a lot to be improved.:)

14. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

OT:
    I wish EQSecure forum members also frequent Wilders... :)

15. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Tried it in a VM where only Sandboxie is installed.

125 meg installed and would restart whenever I tried to run FF sandboxed even after adding all of SB's modules as trusted.

Better than Cyberhawk, not at this testing.

Seems to be a 90 day trial?

Try Scoundrel Simulator against Micropoint.
    Scoundrel

16. norman6810

Franklin,thank you for your testing.I have already send your testing result to the Micropoint Info-Tech CO., LTD.
    Seems to be a 90 day trial?Micropoint is free now.It will give you more test time automatedly when the 90 days past.Thanks again.

17. nbl0ck

nbl0ck Registered Member

Micropoint is not a 3D hips.

Micropoint Proactive Defense Software is a next-generation security product.
    It base on an anti-virus expert system can automatically protect your PC from the virus, trojan and other threat even the new born one.

:rolleyes: Try testing new Virus, new Worm, new Trojan Horse, new Backdoor, new Spy and Rootkit. It's worth a try

for example, Email-Worm.Win32.Warezov 2007-5-12
    http://bbs.micropoint.com.cn/showthread.asp?tid=11671&fpage=1

Rabbit
    http://bbs.micropoint.com.cn/showthread.asp?tid=8993&fpage=1&highlight=%2B%B7%B4%BA%DA%CF%C8%B7%E6

Extortionists virus Trojan/Agent
    http://bbs.micropoint.com.cn/showthread.asp?tid=5789&fpage=1&highlight=%2B%B7%B4%BA%DA%CF%C8%B7%E6

Danger!like this killdisk or logic bomb(cmd>format)
    http://bbs.micropoint.com.cn/showthread.asp?tid=4108&fpage=1&highlight=%2B%B7%B4%BA%DA%CF%C8%B7%E6

Trojan.Win32.KillProc.d virus
    http://bbs.kafan.cn/viewthread.php?tid=95790&extra=page=1

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  18. dogma

dogma Registered Member

Interesting... Any update?

Is the english version in beta? Would like to hear your experiences.

19. dogma

dogma Registered Member

ok, I've installed this.

1. The english version is Beta
    2. States duration of service is 90 days? Thought this program was free, NOT free trial?
    The English version already has serial included.

It asks for (software) registration.

On first re-boot Geswall has not loaded, which suggests that there maybe a conflict. I'll reboot once again.

Also on first re-boot it has detected activetoolband.dll, anyone know what this is?

Here are some screenshots

Attached Files:

20. solcroft

The license will renew itself after 90 days. It's an unlimited trial ATM.

Regarding the dll file, is your computer an Acer model?

21. dogma

dogma Registered Member

Does this mean it's no longer freeware after beta?
    Yes it is, it's must be a FP, see this thread.

Unfortunately, it also conflicts with Geswall. And could not remember some trusted programs, exe's. Hence, same alerts upon restarts.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  22. solcroft

Micropoint is a commercial product. They're reportedly facing difficulties in getting onto the market and officially selling their product due to some legal issues, which is one of the biggest controversies on the Chinese security software field these days. However, if you like the product, I don't think it will be very expensive for Western customers after the currency conversion.

Regarding the inability to remember trusted files, if you're willing to post the relevent screenshots, I can report the issues to the developers for you.

23. dogma

dogma Registered Member

Well, I've uninstalled it due to the conflict with Geswall. Could you inform the developers about this? if they aren't already aware.

The screenshot it basically the first popup window which offers the option of allow this and remember the action i.e. an exclusion list. The problem is, IME, that it asks about thee same process after a restart/reboot. I didn't take any screenshots. I did like the program.

Could you also inform them about the FP with activetoolband.dll that I encountered in this thread.

Thanks

24. solcroft

Does GeSWall load now that you've uninstalled Micropoint?

25. dogma

dogma Registered Member

I have re-imaged since then. But my guess is that it may have done. It definitely wasn't running alongside Micropoint after reboot to complete installation.

Geswall is top on my list when installing security software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.