My license expires in 7 days - Where do I get the cheapest renewal?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Xophile, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karakarota

karakarota Registered Member

Agreed. I must clarify that my posts were about the EUROPEAN situation, and particularly about the Schengen homogeneous area. Correctly Eset gives RECOMMENDATIONS here, which are nevertheless non-binding.

In other places, rules (and homogeneous trade areas) are different, like you kindly recall. AFAIK, Eset is perfectly entitled to make restrictions on USA/Canada resellers, but I'm no expert on north-american trade laws.

K

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The US has antitrust laws to name just a few... but IANAL... and I'm sure they have legal counsel to keep them on the right side of those laws, as they have a LOT of bite!

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Ladies and Gentlemen, you can purchase from wherever and whomever you want. It is however recommended that you purchase in your country of residence, local purchase for local support.

If you purchase from Country "A" while living in Country "B", and you then try to receive support from Country "A", you will be more than likely advised to seek support from where you purchased.

I think this has been hyped up enough and it is time for everyone to settle back down.

Cheers

Blackspear.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  4. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Blackspear: I wish you were right, but you are not. I could NOT buy the license renewal for NOD32 from webyourbusiness. "You have to buy it in Holland if you live in Holland." And that's a fact what the US reseller has written here too. Eset is quite unique in this aspect.

5. Blackspear

It is done here in Australia all the time, doesn't take a great deal of hunting in the local forums to see so, a call to the Australian Distributor will confirm the same. In your particular case you are correct, and no doubt there will be other cases as well.

Cheers :D

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

The reseller I bought NOD from, buys it directly from from the eset site.
    This is also why I only get a printed copy of the email, and I can't even get my password if I should lose it by using the automatic pass-retriever on the eset site.

Good news however, I don't get ripped off by resellers.
    27$ from eset and 37$ from a reseller for a renewal, which is basically the same as a new license ... Please..

7. Marcelo

Marcelo Guest

I have just read this whole thread and the situation is still unclear to me... I live in a country where the local Eset reseller won´t sell a 2 year renewall license unless you´re a corporate costumer... got that answer from their own suppor btw.

So I am interested, when my license ends by the end of April, in purchasing two two years renewal licenses. Will I be able to buy it from other reseller somewhere else in the world? Will ESet force me to stick to one year license, that I don´t want? Will I have to buy software from other company that does not impose such restrictions?

8. Blackspear

In this case I would suggest finding one of many Resellers that do sell 2 year licenses and purchase from them, I don't think you will have an issue in doing so...

Cheers :D

9. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

An interesting thread. I renewed mine from USA and I would fall under UK jurisdiction. The 2 year renewal seemed rediculously cheap, must have been in the region of 35 to $40. At no time was I asked what nationallity I was and I also wasn't aware of the content of this conversation. The 2 years expires July '06. Hopefully I will still be able to renew from the same source. :)

10. webyourbusiness

11. manOFpeace

First time I knew they had Irish branch. You see I live in the part of Ireland that's not Ireland!?!?!? if you know what I mean! I have to fill out everything as UK. Interesting to know all the same, might open up the options. :rolleyes:
    And even two branches N.Ireland!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  12. webyourbusiness

yep - I know what you mean.. I was in Galway in January - very wet it was ... but the pubs were nice and warm.. ;)

13. manOFpeace

It's a pity it was wet 'cause it's one of the nicest counties in Ireland, when I win the Lotto I'm gonna live there in the peace and quiet. ;)

14. webyourbusiness

lol - funny - if I win the lottery, I'd like a tiny cottage there too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.