My license expires in 7 days - Where do I get the cheapest renewal?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Xophile, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Hi!

I talked to my Swedish reseller and the told me that a new 1year license is 298SEK (=40USD) and 478SEK (=about 62USD) for 2 years. Is it possible to get it cheaper somewhere? I've used NOD32 for over 2 years straight now...

Thanks!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

You are supposed to purchase from a reseller/distributor in your country.

3. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

And that really is silly... In the modern age it would be very normal if a customer could choose where he wants his software from.

The only thing I can advise: protest at your local reseller about the high price and tell him that it's much cheaper at the places where you look for better offers..

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

A renewal of your current license shouldnt cost that much..

5. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

NOD32 price on eset web is cheaper than Swedish reseller. i think offline reseller should sell NOD32 cheaper than on eset web :D i even sell NOD32 4-5 dollars cheaper than on ESET website (im a reseller in Indonesia)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  6. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

298 SK = 38.99 USD
    478 SK = 62.54 USD

7. Carver

Carver Guest

Renewal - Single PC License
    $45.15 ( 1 year )
    $72.50 ( 2 years )
    This is from the USA Nod32 website. If I respond to the automatic renewal message it is 27.30 USD for 1 year. That is quite a difference from 45.15 USD

8. webyourbusiness

If you think that being restricted to purchasing from a reseller in your country is not right, please direct that feedback to Eset. The official line is that you should purchase from a reseller in your country - as a reseller, I can not and will not be able to direct you otherwise.

I do appreciate how you feel about the restriction, and I can empathise with you too - but the rules are laid down by Eset - if you do not think they are right, then I would encourage you to voice your opinions to Eset DIRECTLY. I don't think the forum here is the correct place for a public debate on the matter - but I'm not a moderator either...

regards

Greg

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Well, those prices for new licenses seem about the same as for the United States. However, renewal licenses are cheaper... typically about $27-30, if I remember correctly. Try contacting this Swedish reseller ( :) ) directly for the discounted renewal price:

http://www.nod32sweden.com/site.asp?page=purchase

10. alglove

alglove Registered Member

What site is that? When I go to http://www.eset.com/purchase/purchase_usa.htm , I get $27.30 for a 1 year renewal.

11. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

Many U.S. resellers have it even cheaper than Eset's U.S. web site. For example http://www.nod32.name has it with a one year renewal of 23.40 and a two year renewal of 42.90. The same deal is available at http://www.nod32usa.com.

12. Carver

Carver Guest

I thought Nod32 renewal prices would be more or less the same all over. Next year I will have to shop around more.

13. webyourbusiness

the prices being quoted here for nod32.name and nod32usa.com are list prices - I have no idea why any other site might be charging differently.

14. akshay_k72

akshay_k72 Registered Member

Not necessary.

The reseller in India quoted me a price of USD 56 for a new package. When I informed them that it is available for USD 39 on Eset's site, they told me to go ahead and purchase directly from Eset. I did that and there have been no issues whatsoever.

Thats the way it should be. Otherwise there is no point in having resellers/distributors. Just imagine how silly it looked when the reseller advised me to purchase it directly from Eset!!

Coming back to the point, the renewal license is available for USD 27.30 and it can be bought from here

Cheers

Akshay.

15. karakarota

karakarota Registered Member

BTW, here in Europe the Schengen treaty clearly states that men and goods can freely move and be moved among those States who subscribed. Software makes no exception, boxed or downloaded, it does not matter.

I can buy a fridge on a German site, and have it delivered to France. I can't see a reason (legal or of any kind) why I can't buy my softwares and their licenses where I want amongst Schengen countries. I will always buy my licenses (in Schengen area) where the price is the lowest.

K

16. Edwin024

And Eset don't allow that, is what resellers say...

17. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

If when I have to renew my license, and try to buy it from another country (if it's cheaper than Brazil), and if it isn't allowed, I'll buy another AV from another company.
    As I costumer, I can decide what is better for my pocket.

18. karakarota

karakarota Registered Member

No intention to flame, but it is not up to Eset to decide anything on such matters, where rules are crystal clear. Eset sells software through a network of resellers. As long as I abide by my country's laws, I am free to buy that software anywhere (if I decide to buy Microsoft Windows XP in Germany, do Microsoft care?). Please remember: I do that not in spite of, but exactly BECAUSE OF the fact that some local resellers smartly decide to sell it overpriced. So, if I find an European reseller who sells a license to lower prices than that of my country, that's exactly what I do, and that's my local reseller's fault and dismay, plain and simple. He can't afford that price? Sorry, that's exactly the whole sense of the word "free market".

K

19. Edwin024

Donkid: I totally agree with you. I understand the way eset tries to do business. But that's not in the best interest of the customers. It only benefits the resellers and Eset themselves.

Karakarota: I agree with you too. But that's how Eset does things. I wanted to buy a license from the US reseller webyourbusiness... they weren't allowed to sell it to me, I had to go to Holland. Luckily enough I could convince the Dutch reseller to sell me the license for the same price as the US reseller wanted to give. Originally they asked a lot more. And that's what you see in more countries. No free market when it comes to the makers of NOD32.

20. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Unfortunatelly we live in a capitalist planet.
    Maybe someday the humanity will discover that there are more important things in life than money.

I can count on my friends around the Globe, such as Japan, Slovenia, Portugal, etc and buy from them.
    If I can't do it, there are another companies with offices here in Brazil and the only thing I really need to do is give them a call.

21. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

What? Eset doesn't allow you to buy NOD from another country? That is an absolutely incorrect statement. I see a bunch of people here overreacting due to misphrasing of what the case actually is. Esets asks/recommends that you buy from a local reseller so that you can get local support should the need arise. Eset doesn't demand/disallow anything. I have bought my NOD32 from Eset web direct every time so far. I think one should document statements such as "Eset does not allow that and others should confirm such a statement as fact before responding to it in such a way.

22. webyourbusiness

Karakarota: I'm in the USA - residence of the USA have no recourse under than Schengen treaty, and neither does any purchaser outside of the fairly small number of countries, territories and principalities which subscribe to it. Those that do - good on you - those that don't - get used to ANY manufacturer dictating the way in which you purchase their products.

This is getting too far off-topic - the fact that there is an method of purchasing laid down by Eset on this will have to be enough for purchasers of the software - if you don't like it, please feel free to purchase your solutions from other providers.

23. webyourbusiness

Take it from the other direction - Eset does not ALLOW resellers in the USA/Canada to SELL to purchasers outside of the USA and Canada... that's a fact... I'd stand by that.

As for other countries, and Schengen treaties etc - the recommendation is to get the software license in the country of your residence - true.

Can a US reseller make sales to countries in that situation? No. Not an opinion - it's a fact. Doing so will put their reseller status in jeopardy, as it is contrary to the reseller agreement.

24. webyourbusiness

It certainly does NOT help the resellers... I am a Brit living and working in the USA - under the terms of our reseller agreement, I can't even sell licenses to my family in the UK. Having worked as an IT contractor in the UK for many large corporations, I have a lot of inside contacts in those companies still - I could sell LOTS of corporate licenses within my contacts - I am not allowed to do so.

Honestly - NOD32 has such a small market share, and so little product awareness, that not being able to sell to these contacts does NOTHING to hurt the UK distrbutor, and Eset and us lose out... it's hurting Eset, reseller AND potential client, and possibly even the UK distributor, who might be able to get SOMETHING out of the deal - but that's NOT how it's done.

How does restriction of selling territories help a reseller in this situation?

25. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Well Greg

I think you never going to see my money :D .
    I don't know why Eset have these rules.

For example:

If you accept credit card, I could buy from you, since I have friends that live in USA, and they can send the license to me.
    I think they dont want to sell too much, since it's hard to see a page with some marketing and now this that can't allow the costumer to buy it from his free choice :rolleyes: .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.