my laptop's hard drive makes noise

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tru_Snoop, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Hi;

I just bought Compaq Presario v2570ca laptop a week ago. It has 60GB hard drive 4200rpm. When something loads on this laptop I could hear the clicking sound coming from the hard drive. It is not extremely loud but if there is no noise around where I am sitting, I could hear a constant clicking sound from hard drive. I got this computer from future shop. I still got few days to exchange it, if anything is wrong. Is my hard drive really making lots of noise? or It is supposed to make some what noise. Anybody who has a laptop or who knows anything about this please suggest something...

Thank you so much guys;

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    What hard drive is it?
    BTW, there are tons of diagnostic, check tools available in the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. Download pebuilder for making BartPE bootable CDs, download plugins and drivers from Ultimate Boot CD for Windows site, create your custom disk with all the plugins. Then, you can mount the disk and boot into a BartPE environment, and then run various disk checkup utilities to ascertain the quality of the hardware. One way of doing it...
    Mrk

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

I've got a Compaq Presario B3800 and if anything the hard drive is like yours.
    You're right there's almost contantly a 'clicking sound' particularly when there's no background noise. From your description it 'sounds' like mine and therefore I would say it must be normal. On the other hand, I also find it annoying and have often wondered whether it was common to most laptops.

Perhaps you should go back to your shop and ask them directly what they think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.