My friend's very useful site

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sadie, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadie

Sadie Guest

I realise this is a diabolical liberty,as I'm not even a member here.I have a static I.P. BTW,so Admins are welcome to check I've never posted anything horrible.

Please feel free to delete this post if you see fit,I'll understand completely.

I have a very dear friend who is a remarkably talented coder.He recently built a site,which offers a number of nifty tools for free download.He's passionately anti-malware,so I can promise you there is no hidden payload.

I have absolute admiration and respect for him,which is why I'm here,basically introducing his site.

Personally,I find his "High-Powered Homepage" invaluable.I hope many of you will enjoy it too.

http://iconoclasticcodemongers.com

I would be overjoyed for him if his site was a hit with the malware-fighters/denizens of this forum.

Many thanks for your time.

Sadie

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Yech.. honestly, I'd be a little more likely to look around if the ego tripping was toned down a little.. I hope your friend can come to grips with the fact that, moron or not, making demands of people's time for such a small reward is not the way to go. By his own logic, it would be more worthwhile to build your own homepage.

Make a free tool of quality and complexity matching ProcessGuard and it might be worth it. I get barraged for 8 hours a day with the same kind of tripe this site presents, by the exact same kind of people that site is aimed against, I have no desire to subject myself to it willingly :p Thanks, but I think I'll pass.

Sorry, but I find it ultimately counter productive to focus that intently on "morons".. there are much better ways of achieving the same goal, it just takes some time & thought(!) I don't want to read pages about how stupid people are, I want content. It makes me wonder if he's actually given any thought to the people he wants to appeal to.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  3. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

Notok, I believed you pretty well summed it up nicely. And since this topic does border on spam with advertising a site, I will close it now.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.