my firefox opens the wrong size! how can i fix that?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

whenever i start firefox it opens a little bit too small so i have to click on the 'Maximise Window' button in the corner, next to the 'Close Window' button! i want it to open maximised automatcially!

i'm certain there's a fix for it because i'm pretty sure i've done it before, i just can't remember what it is now!

can someone help me fix it? i had a look for a fix the other day and i managed to fix it by doing something like holding the ctrl or shift button as i closed firefox, but it only works if you do it everytime you close firefox.

i'll have another look now and post back if i find an answer. thanks.

2. Basic

Basic Registered Member

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

cool, thanks. i read if you delete the localstore.rdf file it will be rebuilt and the window size should be fixed. i didn't want to just delete it because of all the info it contained, i was scared it wouldn't all be re-generated. so, i closed firefox, and renamed the whole .mozilla directory to .mozilla.bak and restarted firefox. a new localstore.rdf was made (inside a whole new .mozilla directory) i found the window size bit in it, it's this bit (i hope lol) -
    <RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#main-window"

i copied the values below that, closed firefox, and deleted the new .mozilla directory, renamed .mozilla.bak back to .mozilla and changed the values under <RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#main-window" in the localstore.rdf file lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.