My computer is being attacked by web site.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Krysia, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krysia

Krysia Registered Member

For a quite a long time my computer had lots of problems. Strange things were happening like my e-mails being blocked, loosing operating system, constant loss of internet connection etc. Even when I purchased new computer this July things did not improve. Today I was delivered yet one more computer and after few hours of use I logged onto a web site doglost.co.uk (I have unresolved issues with this site going back 5 years). I received a Security alert at high risk level that their computer is attacking my
    new computer. Suddenly all the problems that I had for the past few years with all my computers made sense. What can I do about this? Surely this is not legal. Who do I report this to?

I would be grateful for any advice.

2. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

Don't go to the website! You should also have solid security programs. The ones I use in my sig are all free and appear to do the job.

3. Jaki

Jaki Guest

Hi Krysia

Listen to Hiker do not go to that website and report it to norton at safeweb.norton.com. Moreover, use Firefox with noscript in a sandbox like sandboxie for example. After browsing the web terminate all aplications that are in the sandbox and delete the sandbox.

Also have a good security suite like Avira premium, Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 2009 or Norton Intenet Security Suite 2009 along with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) with threatfire for good measure. Have peace of mind my friend.

In Summary:

A good security suite + Sandboxie + MBAM + Threatfire.

P.S.: Common Sense will not hurt :D

Peace.

4. RedDawn

RedDawn Registered Member

Hi Krysia

You can report the site to CastleCops Web Malware Links for investigation.

:)

5. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

From where did u get the alert that your computer is attacked?Sounds like a false alarm regardind that site.About the other problems you reported it could be anything ,you have to provide more details.

6. Krysia

Krysia Registered Member

The alert came from Norton Security. As I said I had issues with this site when my dog was stolen. I found the woman who took my dog and subsequently connected her to this web site www.doglost.co.uk that claim to re-unite the owners with their dogs. ( They steal them in the first place). I have been investigating this website for a while and that is why they are doing this to me. I even had life threats from their so called"helpers". Where do I go from here? I have phoned various organisations that my Internet provider suggested but it does not appear that there are any internet regulators that can deal with this.
    Thank you for your kind response anyway. I will have to find a way somehow.

kind regards
    krysia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.