My computer crashes when creating image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by David Smith, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Smith

David Smith Registered Member

My OS is XP Home SP2 with all the critical updates. I have used True Image 7 and 8 and have just upgraded to version 9. I run to hard drives the second drive or slave is partitioned and is set at D and E. What I have done is to make a complete back up of Drive C which is kept on my back up partition on E.

I regularly do a back up into this folder after first uninstalling the back up already there. This has worked fine for me for the past couple of years.

On upgrade to V9 I did a back up copy as usual, no problems. Today it was my intention to update my back up file and went through my usual procedure, my compter then crashed at 30%. I then tried going to msconfig and disabled all my start up programmes and this time it crashed at 75%. Can you please tell me if this is a current problem with the new upgrade and what is the action I have to take to resolve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Dave

2. David Smith

David Smith Registered Member

Is there anyone out there?

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Nope! It's unbelievable the problems with this product.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David Smith,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the above doesn't help could you please make some screen shots describing this issue?

Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Could you please also do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

Please send gathered information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.