My AVs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

In the past I have used Norton, Bit Defender, Avast Home, F Secure Suite, Kaspersky, Eset and Avira.

I have been using KIS for over two years on both computers. A week or so ago I put Avast Home on the laptop just for fun. It ran very smoothly.

Today I put Avira Premium Suite on the laptop, again just to fool with. It too is running great so far.

As I reflect back over the past 10 years I have not found any of the AVs I have used that I would not trust.
    Bit Defender had compatibility problems after a couple of years and I ditched it.
    The only problem with Avira was updates.

I would say that overall I have preferred KIS, FS, and Avast Home.
    But any that I have used would give me the degree of security that I would have high confidence in.

I don't have the knowledge to really analyze any application. But I am happy with all except the compatibility problems with Bit Defender and the lack of suspport. It was however a good application as far as security was concerned.

I conclude that whatever one uses will be fine if he also uses his head.

Just some thoughts by a real novice.
    Regards,
    Jerry

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Seeing as how G-Data, F-secure and others are adopting the BitDefender engine the compatibility problems may no longer exist.

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I feel your thoughts come rather from a experienced wise guy. Good post :thumb:

4. thathagat

thathagat Guest

:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.