My 4.4 is working funny

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by udmh, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. udmh

udmh Registered Member

Hi All - "udmh" here, i'm not expert in anything electronic, and this is my first post. I've used SpywareBlaster for nearly a year on my Toshiba laptop, and it's always scanned like lightning. But on friday 01oct10, the new 4.4 version took a slow, sobbing, 30 seconds or more to complete a scan.

My laptop also slowed to a crawl, with sluggish e-mail, and websites arriving slowly, then proceeding at snail speed. A few minutes after startup, all was back to almost repeat almost normal. All my malware detection programs said the laptop was clean.

BTW, when i tried the new 4.4 in Safe Mode, it ran like a streak. No hesitation whatever (Dumb move? Well, i said i'm no expert. In any case, it encouraged me do e-mail and other stuff in Safe Mode until i figure out what's going on).

Any ideas?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

when you say scan do you mean Loading Protection green line that fills up as it progresses? Check event viewer logs for errors or warnings and or generate systems health report

3. udmh

udmh Registered Member

Cudni - Yes, the "Load Line" at the bottom of the SpywareBlaster display fills with green instantly, just like it always did. But THEN the process turns to sludge.

The "Internet Explorer" and "Restricted Sites" are each taking at least twelve seconds to "Enable Protection", instead of the usual fraction of a second for the entire operation.

(BTW, Mozilla Firefox protection is not an issue, since i disconnected my Firefox a while ago. The browser i use is Google Chrome, but that shouldn't make any difference, uh, right?)

Now remember you are dealing with a "cyberklutz" here, Cudni, and i don't know where these 'event viewer logs' and 'health systems reports' are that you're talking about. Sorry.

Thanks for your interest and response. Since i don't know how big the problem is, i am plenty concerned, and hope to benefit from your and everybody's help on this.

udmh

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I've been using SpywareBlaster for years with my Firefox. No matter what version of FF I am using it cold starts slow, like 17 seconds. Could SB be responsable for the slow cold starts?

6. udmh

udmh Registered Member

For Cudni @ 06:18 AM: Just saw this reply with the suggested references, and i will check them out right away.. thx mucho.
    And yes i do use other security programs: BitDefender 2011.. Max Spyware Detector/Registry Cleaner.. and Auslogics BoostSpeed.
    I've had SpywareBlaster since jan 2006, and all this has peacefully co-existed until SB 4.4 came along on sat 01oct10.

For twl845 @ 08:58 AM: Hi! Yeah my old Dell did the same thing. I got a Toshiba Satellite laptop last Christmas, and SB started working like a flash. Don't know enough to blame anybody; all i know is when this mess started, not why. Grr!

udmh

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

No and if all it should affect IE more than FF. It does neither.

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK thanks.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.