Must I uninstall ti 9.0.2337 to get update for bld 3677?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by higman, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. higman

higman Registered Member

I have ti9.0.2337 installed and I downloaded bld 3677. I am running Windows XP SP2. The FAQ at Acronis states I can install an update right over the old bld level. But when I do I get:
    Can't overwrite TI BLD 3677. Error: The following products could not be removed automatically since they were installed on the per-user basis (the products are available for only one user of the computer). Uninstall theses products manually and then restart the installation: Acronis True Image 9.0.2337.
    Needless to say, I am weary of doing anything with this product. My bld level 2337 runs just fine and I just wanted to update to the latest bld. However, this product is very flaky and before I uninstall 2337 and run into problems installing 3677 I want to chek this forum. I though there used to be a way to ask the Acronis TI support staff questions but I no longer see this option. Has anyone run into this?
    Thanks.
    Tom

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Go ahead and uninstall the previous build and install 3677. It has been around quite a while and is stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.