Murphy’s Law

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beckygb, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beckygb

beckygb Registered Member

Murphy’s Law says “If it can go wrong, it will.” All engineers know this. It applies to new software as well. In the past when Microsoft came out with a new OS I always waited at least 6 months to buy it to let the kinks get worked out. This goes for backup software as well. Both are very similar as bugs in either one can potentially do a lot of damage to data.

That said, I am glad a lot of people are trying TI9 this will get the bugs out faster. Once working well TI9 has a lot of new features and I will upgrade. I did try a TI9 trial and experienced a lot of the problems everybody is talking about so I went back to TI8. The real shame is new customers that bought the backup program after TI8 was yanked. They are stuck. At least upgraders are able to go back to TI8 as I did.

Apparently the newest build still has problems. I am sure they did beta testing, but the question is how large is the beta sample. Also I have a feeling the newer builds are not being beta tested, they are coming out too fast.

2. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I had lots of trust in Acronis Product!!!! but now I don't know if I can trust doing any more upgrades. I still used the TI8., I think I will stick to the older version.:D

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi beckygb,

Any new purchaser of TI 9 who still has a serious problem with the latest build can obtain a copy of TI 8 build 937 by following the Acronis Support instructions provided in this previous thread titled <where to get acronis 8 build 937?>.

Regards

4. jcyr

jcyr Guest

They left me hanging with no support. TI9 is a dog, and TI8 has networking issues on dual core Athlons!

5. jcyr

jcyr Guest

Let me be more specific about the TI9 comment. Every single build of TI9 has had issues on my system rendering it unusable on my system! Everything ranging from corrupted backups to the latest, a USB problem that causes my USB mouse to go up and down but not sideways. Can you believe it? Acronis is losing a ton of goodwill with this state of affairs.

6. 666

666 Guest

Usually you test new software and kill the bugs before you make people pay for it. TI9 is still in the beta stage so it should not be on the market yet.

Acronis should remove TI9 from their online shop and sell TI8 untill TI9 is fixed. A very effective way to kill a company is to make people pay for being a beta tester - without telling them before they hand over their money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.