multiple win 2K installations-how to get past three

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by chasingmytail, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chasingmytail

chasingmytail Registered Member

I want the installations of W2K to be truely independant, so far I can only do that with 3 insts, when I go to the second HD and try a new installation, the old ones show up in the W2K installation screen and then things go pear shaped. As my name might suggest, after going round in ever frustrating circles I can hide all but the partition with the acronis progs in it, and it will not go away, so the o/s installation fries. Now just what am I doing wron, I want 6 W2K installations in all, all independant, I could live with three, but I don't want to, OS selector sends me one way, Disk Director sends me another, a point about things, I get a failure to read boot sector if I run Disk director from inside OS selector, clicking ignore and waiting-oh how I wait-finally brings up the initial screen, but off I go round in a circle again-and aint the manual a doozy!

2. LetzRoll

LetzRoll Registered Member

Win2K requires special attention to hide partitions. In the OS Selector main interface, select the OS Properties menu option. Then select Advanced, and then check the box to force hiding. You will need to do this for each instance of Win2K you install, for which you wish to hide all other instances. They can easily coexist nicely without hiding but its your toy and hiding them is certainly your perogative.

Attempting to run Disk Director from within OS Selector is bassackwards. Disk Director is the master Container.

Yes the manual sux. No one of any merit will give you much argument about that. But disk partitioning and multi file systems/OS boot options is not for the novice, regardless of what any app's propoganda says to the contrary. If you intend to play in that arena, you - like everyone else - will suffer some bumps and bruises along the learning path. Accept it or don't play, it's that simple. Whining about it will not endear you to those who would otherwise help you.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.