Multiple VPN's in Qubes OS

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by dogbite, Oct 26, 2016.

1. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Is it possible to use Qubes OS with Multiple VPN's?
    For example, having 3 different domains in Qubes, can I set up one VPN for each AppVM?

Work Domain->VPN1
    Untrusted Domain->VPN2
    Family Domain->VPN3

Thank you

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Yes you can, set up 3 different ProxyVM's for each VPN and then connect set the ProxyVM's to the AppVM's.(In AppVM settings set the ProxyVM as NetVM.)

3. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Thank you. Is Qubes OS usable as a daily system?

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

For me yes, the stability is good. I guess it depends on your needs, for example GPU passthrough isn't supported for security reasons, though people have succesfully made it work. Or you could use another machine or dual boot for GPU intensive tasks.

5. Anonfame1

Anonfame1 Registered Member

A bit late to the party and I'm sure you've already tested it thoroughly, but yes. Emphatically yes.

About the only concessions are its memory hungry, gaming is pretty much no (unless you do GPU passthrough), it uses some serious diskspace, and occasional slowness when an AppVM must boot up (to launch a respective app).

In terms of network, nothing is as simple and elegant as Qubes. Ive used Linux awhile and consider myself competent- trying to setup complex network setups is infinitely easier on Qubes than on Linux alone.

The biggest current concern is vulnerabilities on Xen. Qubes 4 plans to make a switch away from paravirtualization:
    For now I'm sticking with plain Linux (in case Qubes 4 requires a complete reinstall), but I might actually switch full-time upon its release.

Its quite likely that Subgraph OS will one day also have fantastic network plugability...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.