Multiple VLANS

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by srs, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srs

srs Registered Member

How do I configure my console (4.0.138.0)to see computers across multiple VLANS? I'm not afraid of reading but I've found the documentation a bit lacking... A search on the forum returned three results. Help!

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

The ERA software uses whatever IP configuration the OS provides it, so it's going to be up to you to figure out what makes sense in your environment to give the server exposure to those different vlan's and their different subnets. Assuming there is routing between all of them, the simplest option would be to open your firewall to allow your ERA server to connect to the various subnets. Another option might be to extend port tagging all the way down to the ERA server and set up multiple virtual NICs on each vlan so your server has direct exposure.

Keep in mind that except for when you are using the remote features, ERA will not be initiating a connection to the client. Instead, the client connects to the server to report status and download updates (by default TCP 2221 and 2222) and you'll need to open your firewall to allow the clients to initiate the connection to the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.