Multiple System Partitions, Truecrypt and system encryption- How to set it up?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by connect4, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connect4

connect4 Registered Member

Multiple Windows XP system partitions on a computer: (Actually just 2)

Okay, I don't know how to correctly set up multiple system boot of 2 Windows XP OS's, but I do have 2 Identical Window XP OS's on the same computer. (1 as a backup OS)

Example:
    C Drive: (MAIN OS)
    D Drive: (OS)
    Master Boot Record=> Automatically Boots C: Windows XP

Now, I don't know how to setup multiple choice on boot up, and it just automatically boots up Drive C: and in order to boot up Drive D:, I have to insert the Paragon Boot Disk which allows me to boot either Drive C: or D:.

Okay, this was the easy part. 2 unencrypted OS's that I have the choice of booting.

Now enter TrueCrypt System Partition:

Same situation as above: 2 Hard disks, 2 system partitions. The difference is TrueCrypt system encryption.

New Situation
    Drive C: (MAIN OS): Fully Encrypted
    Drive D: (OS): Still not encrypted
    Master Boot Record=> TrueCrypt BootLoader => Allows to load Encrypted C: Windows XP

Now the question is, how do I Encrypt my 2nd Windows XP Drive D:, and keep my original Master Boot Record / Original TrueCrypt Boot Loader so I can primarily use Drive C:?

I mean, let's say I Log into my 2nd Windows XP and Encrypt D: drive, then it will knock off my Current Master Boot Record, and I won't be able to log into C: drive.

Does anyone know the solution to this?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.