Multiple issues/where is tech support for this product?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Carney, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carney

Carney Registered Member

Okay – I’m going to try and be polite about this; however, I am finding it increasingly hard to even write about my experiences without losing my temper. Here is the story: purchased and installed eset Security Suite back in late June. Immediately crashed my system and once rebooted refused to permit access to Internet. Thanks to folks here this issue was semi-resolved [semi, because it reoccurred weeks later]. Next issue: software would not permit uploads to my own website. Issue resolved, with no help from extremely slow tech support. Resolved with help from friend or a friend of a friend in the IT field. Problem still occurs on occasion, but have found a workaround. Next issue: software slowed operation of OS, APs, Internet. Posted description of problem here and on Cnet tech support forum. Received a few suggestions; no solution. Sent e-mail to ESET tech support – 8 days later received suggested solutions. Solutions created worse problem. Now I cannot run eset active and get online. Continually get popup asking if I give permission for AP to access the Internet – click yes, click always, nothing. Popup appears approximately ever 10-15 seconds. Cannot access graphic intensive websites, including my own [I’m a photographer and have a customer site]. I sent e-mail to company asking for help. 2 days later – nothing. Oh, yes, one more little goodie: eset is permitting loads of SPAM regardless of how many times I mark and address as a SPAM address – and yes, I know, different addresses, same contents; however, in this case it is the same exact address. I disabled eset so I can get online, but, then why do I even have the product?

And here is my question: Does anyone have any advice as to how I get someone at the company to actually respond to my service requests? And, does anyone know how to get the eset tech to write in non-tech terms for us non-geeks? Providing me with a long list of “to-do” in tech language is a waste of their time and mine. If this product is designed only for IT experts, can someone let me know? Thanks for any and all help.

Non-tech, non-geek – wish I knew why I got this thing.

2. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

I would try a complete uninstall, then download the latest version and re-install it clean.

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

i agree with rwt325 here. Uninstall ESS, reset computer, delete folders:

C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\ESET
    C:\Documents and settings\***your username***\Application data\ESET

download ESS 3.0.672 and install it, set Firewall to Interactive mode and apply rules for your applications.

Good luck.

4. suziedog

suziedog Registered Member

I fully understand your frustration. I had a similar experience with Bit Defender and their so called customer support. In the end I ditched them!

Tried Eset on the trial and sent a number of enquires to see how the customer support worked, I found it to be very good.

In your case I would give them a phone call and speak to them personally. I did this as well and found them to be very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.