MultiMon

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tony62, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

MultiMon 2.0 from www.resplendence.com a legitimate website and very well crafted program maker gives me no end of trouble with the old NOD32-2.6,7 and new Eset Security Suite.
    I have sent my results for analysis, any wonders??

2. kringles

kringles Registered Member

Hi,

What is the nature of the problem(s)? Site appears to load fine here with NOD32 v2.7. Are the problem with the site or downloading/using their software?

regards

Upon reading your post again I realize that you are having problems with MultiMon 2.0. What is the nature of the problems?

3. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Multimon 2.0 program itself is determined to be a threat according to Eset Smart Security. Multimon monitors system activities similar to sysinternal products. However Multimon has a keyboard monitoring function which i believe Eset is thinking it is a malware keylogger.

EDIT: kringles, initially upon installation 'mmreg.tmp' was determined to be a threat. Once installed 'mmpsy.sys' is determined to be a threat - probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus!!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since you posted here , ESET will have a look at this program and will remove detection if they find it appropriate . probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus is advanced heuristics detection

5. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Hopefully Eset will take a look at this thread. The problem with "mmpsy.sys" driver within Multimon still exists, i have sent countless threatsense info to Eset and really need for this to be resolved.

Thankyou.

EDIT: I have also placed "mmpsy.sys" into the exclusions, the problem is that Multimon shifts the driver into C:\DOCUME~1\*******\LOCALS~1\Temp\mmpsy.sys. Even with this in the exclusions, Eset fails to exclude it correctly.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Can you call ESET UK and insist on sending them the sample/file . Perhaps they can make better connection to ESET

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.