MSN Premium question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello, I am getting Verizon DSL with MSN Premium but I read this on the system requirments for MSN Premium:

MSN Premium Internet Services requires dial-up or broadband Internet access (provided separately); 28.8Kbps or faster modem or other Internet connection. Local or long distance charges may apply. Broadband service requires available USB or Ethernet port on the main computer, not on a hub or serial connection through other devices.

Does this mean I cannot use MSN Premium that is included with my Verizon DSL on a computer that connects to the Internet via a Linksys USB card?

Thanks, hope you all can help me :).

Gracie

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

gracie123 - I would not even bother using the MSN stuff. I have VOL DSL and I did not need, nor want to install the software that it came with. A lot of it is bloatware and not needed imho.

Did you actually need the MSN software or what?

3. gracie123

Hi :), well yes I'd actually like to have the MSN Premium installed but my family also has their own computer and I am just concerned their not going to be able to have access to MSN Premium because of this:

Broadband service requires available USB or Ethernet port on the main computer, not on a hub or serial connection through other devices.

Does this mean that any other PC on my home network (I have cable for now, temporary until DSL kit comes) can't use MSN Premium if they want to? They connect via a Linksys USB card to the Linksys router.

4. Trooper

Hi,

I don't think it should be an issue, but I did not install the VOL software which I know includes the MSN premium.

What exactly is that used for?

5. gracie123

OK... not to sure actually. I called Verizon today and ordered DSL but I didn't ask them what the VOL cd does. :doubt:

6. Trooper

I think it gives you the MSN browser etc, which you really don't need. ;)

Maybe you could ask them, or wait till your package arrives?

7. gracie123

Ok well thanks Trooper for your help :). I asked Technical Support and they said "That's fine" so I guess it should work. They gave me a list of requirments and everything should be ok with all the PCs.

Thanks again for your help and time :),

Gracie

8. Trooper

Not a problem. I wish I could be more specific but I did not install their software. :ouch:

I wish you luck with them. I have been having problems with them for awhile now. If you want to know more about that, shoot me a PM.

9. gracie123

Thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.