MSCONFIG Startup Pgms

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DEJAVU_US, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEJAVU_US

DEJAVU_US Registered Member

Hi, trying to cleanup my MSCONFIG Startup, found two entries for Acronis TI.
    1) trueimagemonitor
    2) timountermonitor
    I wonder if somebody can tell me what do they do, as I prefer to run a "lean"startup with the minimun.
    I do not run any scheduled tasks for TI.

Emchine desktop
    WinXP Home SP2
    TI V10 Build 4871
    thank you very much
    David

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

They are probably needed if you run automatic scheduled backups. If you don't need that then you can un-check them. In fact to use TI it is probably safest to run the software from the bootable Rescue CD that you make after installing the software on your system.
    And since you like a "lean and mean" running machine, you can uninstall the TI software once you make the Rescue CD. :)

3. DEJAVU_US

Thank you very much, that is what I suspected
    David

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

There are in fact 4 True Image services running in the background. Their function is explained in these previous Acronis Support replies:

<schedul2.exe, schedhlp.exe and TrueImageMonitor.exe>
    <timountermonitor.exe>

Note that, in True Image speak, every image creation task is "scheduled", whether you start the task manually via the Create Backup Wizard or automatically via the Task Scheduler.

Regards

5. como

como Registered Member

You should also have schedul2.exe running. If you do a search on this forum you will find that this question has been answered many times as to which ones are needed.

6. DEJAVU_US

Menorcaman and Como
    thank you very much for taking the time to stop me of doing a foolish thing.
    That was not a very good idea.
    I went back and restarted all of them.
    thank you again
    David

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This is simply not so. There are problems, benefits and risks to using either method. There is nothing inherently safer about using the Linux environment and the sssociated Linux hardware drivers of the boot CD rather than Windows and its hardware drivers.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.