MSConfig Puzzler

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by SteveTetch, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTetch

SteveTetch Registered Member

I'm using Ewido v4.0.0.172 and find the redesign from v3 to be a great improvement - in looks, in performance and in processing footprint on the machine.

I may be a tad paranoid but whenever something occurs that I don't expect - or I find an unfamiliar executable - I tend to dig about and investigate hither and yon to find out more. I usually find perfectly legitimate answers - and it was the same with the issue that started me digging in this case - but during my search this morning, I noticed an oddity. MSConfig had a duplicate entry for Ewido in the Startup tab (See attached screenshot).

You can't see it in the graphic but both entries were listed as being in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run, where I'd expect. Inspection of the registry with Regedit and the startup listing in Ewido itself showed only one occurance. Subsequently, on shutting MSConfig down and firing it up again, it reported only one occurance. I'm intrigued as to why the duplicate was listed in the first place, however, (EWIDO was running in the system tray but wasn't maximised when MSConfig was fired up).

Any ideaso_O

Attached Files:

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.