MS word

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hello, im visiting family in Lincoln and this post is for a friend that needs some help, so i wont be able to reply as i wont be on the internet :'(

she needs some help with her resume (CV) i have to go now, (helping run the family business) so she will ask the question... (see you in a few days)

Hi, is there anywhere that I am able to download a free copy of Microsoft Office Suite which includes the Microsoft Word package and Power Point??
    Thanks.

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

ICESchedule

To my knowledge there is no freeware microsoft WORDS availble......

There are however several very good freeware Office Suites that are avalible.........most are as good as M$ Words.........

Not freeware but worth a look is STAR OFFICE.....

there are others here who no doubt can offer suggestions

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

ICE

LOL...don't even ask how that WORD got next to your name...my keyboard is broke.............

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

When they fix some incompatibilities with the MS Office, this would be great!!! :D

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

For the average user it is a really good product... It can open and save as a MS Word Document, it also has the equivalent to MS Excel, Powerpoint etc...

Cheers :D

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You right, but I have some doc's that doesn't open correctly in OpenOffice, but every new version of OpenOffice are correct some of them... ;)

I hope that the OpennOffice 2.0 will have fully support... :D

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

Vamp

I tend to see that issue in a differant light.........towit> M$ needs to fix MS OFFICE to work with other products........hmmmmm.....just maybe those other products are refusing to accept the spyware imbedded in MS OFFICE.....you know the one that places a traceable ID in all your MS OFFICE documents........

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you can get a 60 day evaluation copy to ms office that has all the apps you ask about from ms here

in case that link wont work use this one http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx

or here http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/standardtrial.mspx [this one prefered]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  10. THESNOWMAN

THESNOWMAN Guest

CAUTION: the below "TOOL" has not been tested by me.....use at your own risk

The Remove Hidden Data tool for Office 2003 and Office XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834427

SUMMARY
    The Remove Hidden Data add-in is a tool that you can use to remove personal or hidden data that might not be immediately apparent when you view the document in your Microsoft Office program.

You can run the Remove Hidden Data add-in on individual files from your Microsoft Office XP program or from your Microsoft Office 2003 program. Or, you can run the Remove Hidden Data add-in on multiple files at the same time from the command line. In either case, to run the tool you must have the program installed that you used to create the document.

The above TOOL was not the one I had in mind.........if time allows...I'll try locating the other.....which is also made by M$............it scrubs each doc.

11. dog

dog Guest

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

DOG

yupper...that'll work just fine........thank you kind person......your time most appreciated........

**with a broken keyboard its not so easy to surf for links...***

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thank you for your help :). ill be back in Lincoln on Wed. so i'll show her your links. she just needs to write one (document?) that when sent by email will open up looking like a Word Doc. she tried it with another program and sent it to her Uncle to test, but it didnt (render?) properly. looks like the trial that bigc linked to will work. thanks :cool:

excuse all the (?)'s o_O :D

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Yep, a standard will be the solution, but until we haven't...

15. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.