I have been wondering for months now where all the "update" services and dll's were entering my computor. I have had windows updates shut off for years and all the update programs, wuauclt.exe, wuault1.exe, wupmgr.exe, and wscntfy.exe, blocked in my exculsions list. Yet I was still getting unwanted updates. I have been searching for ages now looking for the leak. I knew it was possibly some kind of "Back door" program. I use Outpost Pro Firewall and just yesterday I set my component control option to maximum and saw attempted connections to www.sa.windows.com and other microsoft sites in Redmond Washington blocked by Componant Control. Upon investication I discovered this little page from microsoft. It was the damm MS Search Utility silently downloading these unwanted programs and .dll files! So...I have added iexplore.exe to my blocked list. As for the "fix" they suggest I have been using "Classic Internet Search" for years. So changing the Search Option changes nothing. Lots of strange .dll files and little gems like "printfilterpipelinesvs.exe", whatever that does. To add a little humor...A few months ago I got this nag screen telling me I had a bootleg version of windowsxp and I would no longer be able to recieve updates from microsoft until I payed them money. Here is the article in full downloaded from http://sa.windows.com/privacy/ .